Combined GAP and RTI insurance
Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Return to Invoice (RTI) starts to protect you where your conventional motor insurance stops.
This plan covers any shortfall between the agreed full insured value that your motor insurer pays out and the invoice value of your vehicle or outstanding balance of your finance agreement - whichever the higher.
You are eligible for the policy if at the date of commencement of the Period of Insurance:
• You are the owner of the vehicle or in respect of contract hire/lease agreements the authorised driver of the vehicle.
• You are the insured person and named as the policyholder in the motor insurance policy for the vehicle.
• Any finance agreement, contract hire/lease agreement secured on the vehicle is in your name.
• You have notified us of any vehicle transfer and your replacement vehicle does not exceed the invoice price for the original vehicle. For information on this please contact the administrators.
• You must be a permanent resident of the United Kingdom unless posted to a combat zone as a serving member of HM Armed Forces.
WHAT IS COVERED?
If within the period of insurance and within the territorial limits an incident occurs which results in the vehicle being a total loss under your motor insurance policy, this insurance will pay:
• For a vehicle that is not financed but paid for as a cash transaction it makes up any shortfall between the total loss settlement by your motor insurer and the purchase invoice price you paid for it.
• For a vehicle that is purchased using a finance agreement the difference between the purchase invoice price of the vehicle; (or if greater the finance settlement) and the total loss settlement paid under your motor insurance policy.
• All the above will include the motor insurance policy excess up to an amount of £250. It will also include the cost of a vehicle warranty and also contribute £100 towards road fund license costs.
• Only one claim can be made under the policy during the period of insurance and the maximum benefit covered under the policy is the amount stated in your proposal/policy schedule.
For more details on Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Return to Invoice (RTI), please download the Keyfacts PDFs at http://www.fiat.co.uk/uk/financial-services/insurance/gap-rti
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
Any excluded vehicles. Aston Martin, Bentley, Bristol, Bugatti, Cosworth, De Tomaso, Dorchester, Ferrari, Ginetta, Hummer, Honda NSX models, Lamborghini, Lancia Thema, Lotus, Maserati, Maybach, Mitsubishi 3000GT, Marcos, Noble, Rolls Royce, TVR and Vans above 5000kgs GVM. Kit cars.
Are emergency vehicles, driving school vehicles, buses, scooters, motorcycles, invalid carriers or vehicles which have been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and any make of vehicle not built for principle sale in the UK.; Are grey imports; Are left hand drive, and any American make of vehicle unless manufactured as right hand drive for the UK market; Are not mentioned in Glass’s Guide.
• Any total loss of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, due to any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent on your or the driver of the vehicle's part.
• Any total loss if the vehicle is stolen by any person having access to the keys of the vehicle unless taken by force or violence.
• Any total loss which is not subject of an indemnity settlement under the accidental damage, fire or theft sections of the motor insurance policy.
• Any total loss as a result of an accident where the driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, drugs not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner, or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner where a warning against driving has been given.
• Additional costs within the finance settlement for anything other than the purchase of the vehicle or warranty, and road fund license costs up to £100. This includes but is not limited to; administration charges, option to purchase charges, late payment charges and arrears, early settlement charges.
• Where there is negative equity included within the finance settlement, any negative equity will be deducted from the claim settlement figure.
• Where you have failed to notify us of the vehicle transfer or where the vehicle transfer has been rejected.
• Any excess deducted under the motor insurance policy which is more than £250;
Any recoverable Value Added Tax (VAT) where you are VAT registered;
• Any claim resulting in any way from:
• war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot or civil commotion, terrorist activity of any kind;
• Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
Where the premium has not been fully paid, the settlement will be reduced by the outstanding instalments due.
The insurers of this policy are Lloyd’s Syndicate 5820 which is managed by ANV Syndicates Limited. Lloyd’s (Policyholder & Market Assistance Lloyd’s Fidentia House Walter Burke Way Chatham Maritime Kent ME4 4RN).
The administrators are AutoProtect (MBI) Ltd. Warwick House, Roydon Road, Harlow CM19 5DY.
AutoProtect (MBI) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). FSA Register No: 312143.
For full details of all Your policy benefits and the complete terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document.