Combined GAP and RTI insurance
Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Return to Invoice (RTI) starts to protect you where your conventional motor insurance stops.
This plan covers any shortfall between the agreed full insured value that your motor insurer pays out and the invoice value of your vehicle or outstanding balance of your finance agreement - whichever the higher.
You are eligible for the policy if at the date of commencement of the Period of Insurance:
• You are the owner of the Vehicle or in respect of contract hire and leasing contracts the authorised driver for the Vehicle.
• You are the insured person and named as the policyholder in the Motor Insurance Policy for the Vehicle.
• Any finance agreement secured on the Vehicle is in Your name and that the original amount financed is less than or equal to the Vehicle purchase price.
• You have notified Us of any Vehicle transfer and Your replacement Vehicle does not exceed the invoice price for the original Vehicle. For information on this banding, please contact the Administrator.
WHAT IS COVERED?
• Combined GAP and RTI covers either the difference between the amount your comprehensive motor insurance company will pay and the vehicle purchase price or the amount you actually owe under your finance agreement, whichever is the greater amount.
• Your comprehensive motor insurance company will offer you the market value at the time of your claim and this might be less than the amount you paid for your vehicle, especially if you have had your car for a while.
• Combined GAP and RTI could pay out up to a maximum of the purchase price of the vehicle (cover available is dependant of the purchase price of your vehicle).
• For a one-off payment get the very best peace of mind protection for up to a maximum of 48 months.
For more details on Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Return to Invoice (RTI), please download the Keyfacts PDFs at http://www.fiat.co.uk/uk/financial-services/insurance/gap-rti
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
• which have been modified other than in accordance from the manufacturer's specification by the factory or manufacturer approved dealer;
• are owned temporarily or otherwise (resulting from trade-in or acquisition for the purposes of resale) by a business formed for the purposes of selling or servicing motor Vehicles;
• used for hire or reward, taxi’s, racing, pacemaking, speed testing, reliability trials, rallying or Vehicles used for any other competitive event; or
• over 3500kgs gross vehicle mass (GVM);
2. The following makes of Vehicle are excluded: Aston Martin, Bentley, Bristol, Bugatti, Cosworth (all makes and variants), De Tomaso, Dorchester, Ferrari, Ginetta, Hummer, Honda NSX models, Lamborghini, Lancia Thema, Lotus, Maserati, Maybach, Mitsubishi 3000GT, Marcos, Noble, Rolls Royce, TVR and Vans above 3500kgs GVM. Kit cars, Grey Imports and any American make of Vehicle unless manufactured as right-hand drive for the UK market. Any Vehicle not mentioned in Glass’s Guide, commercial Vehicles over 3500kgs GVM, emergency vehicles, taxis, driving school vehicles, buses, scooters, motorcycles, invalid carriers or Vehicles which have been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and any make of Vehicle not built for principle sale in the UK.
3. Any Total Loss:
• where the Total Loss occurred before the inception of this insurance;
• of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, due to any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent on Your or the driver of the Vehicle's part. Any liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from: ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any irradiated nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or of its nuclear component;
• or damage or liability occasioned by or happening through war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war is declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power;
• or damage, liability or bodily injury arising directly or indirectly from pollution or contamination;
• or damage, cost or expenses of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused or occasioned by or happening through or in consequence of terrorism or any action taken in controlling preventing or suppressing any acts of terrorism or in any way relating thereto. For the purpose of this exclusion 'terrorism' means the use of biological, chemical and/or nuclear force or contamination and/or threat thereof by any person or group of persons whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s) committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear. However, losses caused by or resulting from riot, riot attending a strike, civil commotion and malicious damage are not excluded hereunder.
• VAT where You are VAT registered.
• Any costs incurred in excess or outside the liability under this insurance including any form of consequential loss.
• If the Vehicle is stolen by any person having access to the keys of the Vehicle unless taken by force or violence.
• Any Total Loss which is not subject of an indemnity settlement under the accidental damage, fire or theft sections of a Motor Insurance Policy.
• Any Total Loss by accident where the driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, drugs not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner, or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner where a warning against driving has been given.
• Additional costs within the outstanding finance settlement balance for anything other than the purchase of the Vehicle. This includes but is not limited to motor insurance, warranty, payment protection, recovery, administration charges, option to purchase charges, late payment charges and arrears and early settlement charges.
• If any misrepresentation or concealment is made by or on Your behalf in support of obtaining the policy or any claim on Your policy.
• Any loss for additional purchases at the time of purchase of the Vehicle including but not limited to; road fund licence, administration charges, insurance premiums including the policy, optional extras - car mats, CD players etc, as these will be taken into account in the Insured Value.
• Where there is Negative Equity included within Your finance value any Negative Equity will be deducted from the settlement figure.
• Where You have failed to notify us of the transfer or where the Vehicle transfer has been rejected.
• Where a claim is settled with an amount between the motor insurer settlement and the purchase invoice price, any additional finance and other charges which inflate the original purchase invoice price of the Vehicle will be deducted e.g. insurance and warranty premium and fees.
The insurers of this policy are AmTrust Europe Limited, Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham NG1 6FG.
The administrators are AutoProtect (MBI) Limited, Cambridge House, Cambridge Road, Harlow, Essex CM20 2EQ.
AutoProtect (MBI) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). FSA Register No: 312143.
For full details of all Your policy benefits and the complete terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document.